Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day in Chicago



My son invited me up to Chicago to tour the new river front expansion, and to eat at Weber Grill! Too cool for a Dad who is also a photographer.

The morning was hazy, and a bit warm with some humidity. The walk along the river front was a short one. I guess I was expecting a longer extension. I still remember when the barge broke in half there during construction.

Here are some photos . . .




















What is cool is that the company I work for remade some of the gear sectors used to raise some of these bridges over the Chicago river. Which bridges have the refit I do not recall. It was several years ago.








My son Nick, taking a quick pose for a photo . . .





























Weber Grill, where they actually grill on huge grills. Had a great steak here!






One more quick shot of Nick. I wanted the building in the back without a lot of road, so head and shoulder shot it was.







At the bottom of this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pintrest.  Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

You can see a categorized thumbnail filmstrip of blogs I have done by going to StreetPhoto.ME.


No comments: