Saturday, January 2, 2016

Another Year Another Party


Music makes the world go 'round and with the Nomad Planets opening and The Steepwater Band closing. It makes for a perfect birthday party for my bride Christi!

I think this is the 3rd year in a row now I have seen both Nomad Planets and The Steepwater Band play at Leroy's Hot Stuff. Christi has seen The Steepwater Band play her the beginning of the year for much longer. If I recall, Leroy's is one of the places that The Steepwater Band started with their career. So it is a great time, every time here. The nice thing too, it is very near (maybe sometimes on) Christi's birthday. So this is super special for her.

First up tonight was Nomad Planets. I first met them at Beatlesfest in Hammond, a few years back. I have followed them as much as I can.  Both they and The Steepwater Band play original music.  Nomad Planets thrives on original music, and a real powerhouse at it too.

























The Steepwater Band


















Everyone knows the many faces of Jeff, however do not let that fool you. The many faces of Eric getting down is as entertaining, putting us in the groove.










Sometimes I will set my camera to photograph sepia tone. (A method used back in the day to change the color of a black and white photo. Seems like now, changing the color photo to sepia tone can be just as cool.) When doing so, the RAW image is still the original data (color), while the JPEG image is sepia tone. Most of the time I can choose which of the two, color or sepia tone, I want to use. In the case of this next photo of Jeff Massey, I had some difficulty. Depends on the mood I am in. So, I thought I would leave it to the fans for which one you like best. Better to be all inclusive than to leave someone out . . .





























Sonny Lee is in the house! It is always a joy to see Sonny play with almost all our local bands. Class with a smile and a smooth sound . . .













The Steepwater Band
Website



Nomad Planets



333 W. US Hwy. 20
Porter, IN  46304




At the bottom of this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

You can see a categorized thumbnail of all my blogs by going to StreetPhoto.ME.


No comments: