Saturday, October 12, 2019

Wickedly Whiting 2019



This is my first time at this event, "Wickedly Whiting" in downtown Whiting, Indiana. What drove me to attend this year was the Nomad Planets, and the opportunity to photograph.

I did not take as many photographs of people in costume as I would have liked. Sorry about that. Who I did find there vending her superbulous art was Sophia Rapata. She is super talented, and is pictured above getting into her most favorite time of the year. (Also by brides most favorite time of the year.) I own several pieces of her art. You should too!

Here are some photographs of the event. Enjoy . . .



The photograph above, left side, was the Illiana Derby Dames booth. They attend the events in Whiting in style and derby fashion. If you have not seen a roller derby game, with girls dressed in sometimes crazy or bad ass outfits, where they really can and do sometimes get some serious injuries, then go see the Illiana Derby Dames. (Another one of those "I wish I took more photographs of". They do have some photographs of this event on their FB page.)



Nomad Planets

 


 



 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 









 

 


 
 








 


 


 

 




 


For more photographs taken by others, go to the Wickedly Whiting Facebook page (link below). Also check out my other friends sites who participated in this event.


Wickedly Whiting
1417 119th St.
Whiting, Indiana 46394
219.659.0292



Sophia Rapata Art


Illiana Derby Dames


Nomad Planets



At the bottom of this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

You can see a categorized thumbnail of all my blogs by going to StreetPhoto.ME.

No comments: