Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Chicago Art Girls Spring Pop-Up Shop - 2013

I go to a lot of events to support my friends, and to take photos. At this event, The Chicago Art Girls Spring Pop-Up Shop, was Robin Rios from 4Art.

There was a lot to look at. Here are some photos of the event. The first photo is actually the Providence of God Church, on W 18th St., taken from the top of the Dan Ryan Expressway. Traffic was terrible (hence why you should just drive in the city), allowing me time to safely take the photo.







This next photos is "Weener Ware" by Jeanmarie Petro and Barbara Tinger, www.weenerware.com, 773-973-5644. They have encapsulated pictures into bottle caps, and they even had a TARDIS, for that special Doctor Who fan in your life . . . yes, I bought it!!!!



Robin Monique Rios of 4Art. Robin has a studio at the Zhou B Art Center, South side Chicago. This art center is probably one of the coolest places to visit. Robin's studio is on the 4th floor. This art center has a public opening every 3rd Friday of the month, from 7:00 to 10:00 pm. Many artists, many themes, many art forms. A real diversity.






Just a couple photos of the hallway that interested me.



This event was held at the Revenswood Event Center, Chicago. There was a nice crowd out looking around and shopping. Parking for me was easy.

There were many more artists than I have shown. If I counted right, 37 in all. If you are one of those artists and I have a photo of your work above, please give me your information so that I may add it to this blog post. (WesBushby.com)

Thank you, to all the female artists who one day event.

For more information . . .




Click on this line and read my copyright.

4 comments:

Soaphappy! said...

Hi Wesley, Thanks for the nice photos of the event. You really captured a nice perspective on the space. I hope you don't mind that I shared a photo (with credit) and link to your photo blog on our fb page. Thanks again, Soaphappy!

Amy said...

Thanks so much for writing about the Art Girl's Pop Up Shop! You took some beautiful pictures. I love Robin's work and am so glad she drew you into coming out to see us! If anyone wants any more information, they can always go to www.chicagoartgirls.com. You have a beautiful blog! I will read on. Again, thank you! :)

Unknown said...

it's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them usefull information. MendyZ

Wesley Bushby said...

Thanks everyone for enjoying my blog. I do like to get around to photograph. The more variety the better. If anyone has an event I can photograph (I do this for free), let me know. No promises, however, more than likely I would be interested.