Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bulldog Brewing Co. - Whiting IN

I must say, this place is very nice . . .

Bulldog is a micro brewery that opened late November of 2011. It is located on 119th Street downtown Whiting IN. Let me cut to the chase first because there is no need to keep you hanging. The place is great, the staff is great, the beer is great, the food is great (and I will rate the burgers better than great). Parking not so great, but well worth the trouble.


When you walk in you are greeted by some terrific people who will seat you.  I did not think to count the seating, however I would estimate 100.  So if you have a large group, I would make reservations to be on the safe side.  Otherwise, come right on in . . .


What makes me feel at home is the great staff, including the manager I met to get permission to photograph and spotlight his store in this blog.  The wood floor is nice because it absorbs the sound of footsteps.  The plain brick walls you don't really notice at first, however as you take the place in I found the brick walls to be very easy on the eyes, sort of asking you to look around.  

At the back of the dining area there is a very nice stained (I think) or painted logo.  That's my buddy Juan sitting at our table . . . don't tell him I used this photo.




The two times I have been there I had the Industrial Harbor IPA beer.  I am not a real beer drinker, but found the beer very satisfying.  As I believe with most micro breweries, you need to find the brew that fits your taste.  The first time I came the staff offered to get me some small samples if I could not decide.  So, if you are not sure what you might like, ask about the beer first, and if you are still undecided perhaps ask for a sample.

Down for cleaning . . .



Bulldog Brewing Co.
1409 119th Street
Whiting, IN
(219) 655-5284
info@bulldogbrewingco.com
www.bulldogbrewingco.com

Mon through Thur 11:00 AM to Midnight
Fri and Sat 11:00 AM to 3:00 AM
Kitchen is open Mon through Sun, 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM

Enjoy!


Click on this line for my copyright.

No comments: