Saturday, April 2, 2022

Woldhuis Farms - Sunrise Greenhouse, Inc. 4/2/22



People have their method of self therapy. A place or time to take a break. Somewhere to mellow out. Forever thought. Well, mine is this place. Sunrise Greenhouse in Grant Park, Illinois.

My mom loved her garden. She spent a lot of time there. If not there, she was painting, or taking me to the Lansing Airport to watch airplanes. Of course there was a lot more that she did. These are just the memories that bring peace and love to me.

I remember her going to Harold's Garden center in Homewood a lot. (Now a White Castle and a Walgreens.) I tagged along. I did not have any reason why. I did not feel any attachment to the trade as it were. I liked looking at the flowers and garden. Never thought about what it took to have a garden or to keep one up, until I married Christi.

So today I again went to Sunrise Green House with my bride. She says I am an enabler. She just happens to like and do what memories I enjoy from life. So I do not see it as enabling. I see it as a passion. A way to relax and enjoy life. So here are some photographs if today's jaunt, and a little bit of my bride sprinkled in 🌻.

(Check out my prior blog by clicking "here".)






Heavy and not flexible to wear, however these boots were not made for walking, they were made to plant flowers in. Very life like, if boots can be life like.




These cages were cool. Some had a small bird nest in them with the flowers, while others had a butterfly or a bee. We ended up buying two of them because I liked the bee and my bride liked the bird. She's not going to give me the bird. Get it? Okay, sad joke writing.








There are hanging baskets everywhere, for now anyway. They do go quick.
















































When you do go, and you become thirsty or hungry, there is a place to get some quick food and drink at the West end (somewhat near the front) of the building.






Woldhuis Farms
Sunrise Greenhouse, Inc.
10300 E 9000 N Road
Grant Park, Illinois 60940
815.465.6310




You can see a categorized thumbnail of all my blogs by going to StreetPhoto.ME.

At the bottom of this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

The "219 Music" and "219 Artare owned trademarks of Wes Bushby.

No comments: