Saturday, January 28, 2012

Studio 659 Art Gallery - Whiting IN



If you are interested in more art, check out Studio 659 on 119th street in Whiting IN.  What is unique about this gallery is that it offers classes like digital photography, belly dancing exercises, and ballroom for beginners (sorry I still need training wheels for that one).

I also found an artist that had some of her work at the front window, Sophia Rapata.  I saw some of her photography at the other gallery I go to that I like.





Studio 659 runs different shows.  This month was "Shades of Grey", as you can tell from the above photos.  Next month is "Vixens: Pin-Up Girl Art".

The gallery is small.  It will not take you long to go through it.  Whiting is an old community that is very interesting, so I would encourage you to plan seeing downtown Whiting, and then stop in at Studio 659 to look around.

For more information, check out their website at:  www.studio659.org.

You can see a categorized thumbnail of all my blogs by going to StreetPhoto.ME.

At the bottom of this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

The "219 Music" and "219 Artare owned trademarks of Wes Bushby.

No comments: