Friday, July 7, 2023

"Murder Ballad" at the Towle Theater

"Murder Ballad"

Book and Lyrics by Julia Jordan

Music and Lyrics by Juliana Nash

Presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI).


It has been an amazing past four days. Photographing this Musical was so much fun. I can only hope my photographs show my appreciation of the great casting, acting, and of course what you cannot hear but perhaps can see, great vocals!

The first musical I ever photographed at the Towle Theater was "Ordinary Days". It brought so much meaning into my life at that time. It solidified for me what theater is all about. A milestone in my life that I can reflect on in my future.

Crazy enough, I am doing another project on some older photographs I took several years ago at the Towle Theater of "Leaving Iowa". The feeling it brought to me now, made me realize that every moment/experience has it's time, whether in the present, future, or past. This was a great play, like "Murder Ballad" is a great musical. "Leaving Iowa" has left me remembering my dad who past several years ago. I remembered all of the trips and adventures we made in our airplane. I remember my dad's straw hat, which I still have. I remember his red baseball cap with "flying farmers" on the front. I need to find another one.

"Murder Ballad" reminded me of all the improv theater I was introduced to because of the Towle Theater. Specifically "Anarchy: An Improved Rock Opera". Like "Ordinary Days" and "Leaving Iowa", "Murder Ballad" is now on my charts. I will be remembering it for days to come.


"Murder Ballad" rocked me out with voice, melody, and supporting musicians who played subtly in the background yet so important. Emotions were flying both in the musical itself, and within me. I could not get enough. It seemed too short.

I hold back giving praise. I never want to appear biased. Casting, I cannot say enough about it. This musical was perfectly cast. Next, Beck Buechel who sang the narration put the emphasis in their voice and body gesture that gave us the roller coaster ride we are wanting. They were so much fun to photograph.

The cast was perfect. The choreography stood out. Their voice stood out. They gave us the emotional body language needed to pull this off. Such a wonderful show of talent.


Cast

Narrator – Beck Buechel

Tom – Ryan Alan Jones

Michael – Christopher Place

Sara – Natalie Rae













































































































Show Sponsors

First Merchants Bank


Larry and Jill Meyers


Season Sponsor

Leon Dombrowski & Seda Turan

Accucraft Imaging, Inc.





Production Staff

Director/Choreographer – Jeff Casey

Vocal & Music Director  Elizabeth Tuazon

Fight Coordinator  Ryan Alan Jones

Lighting Designer – Jeff Casey

Set/Costume Designer – Kevin Bellamy


Orchestra

Piano – Elizabeth Tuazon

Guitar  Steven Moeller

Bass  Amanda Kraupner

Percussion – Phil Crews


Towle Theater
5205 Hohman Ave.
Hammond, IN 46320
(219) 937-8780
_________________________________________________________________

You can see a categorized thumbnail of all Towle Theater related blogs by going to StreetPhoto.Me.

At the bottom of this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

The "219 Music" and "219 Artare owned trademarks of Wes Bushby.

No comments: