Monday, September 23, 2024

Wes' Excellent Adventure XIII (9/20 to 23)



Several trips over a few days with camera in hand. Things that catch the eye. Things that have history / meaning to me. Current events that you should be aware of which I would like to invite you to attend.

First, a place in my old stomping grounds that I sometimes scheduled to visit. If you can, guess where it is. This was on 9/20/2024.












The next day (9/21) I went to my happy place to drop off some plastic plant pots and carriers for them to reuse or recycle. Some reminiscing too of when I took Bubba here. (Bubba was working his security dog job with Christi at work.)

This 1st photograph was taken after you enter the front door.










First Annual — Our local Blues Cruise night takes place every Monday evening downtown Hammond. (This was taken 9/23). This is time for getting together to socialize, to pass on stories, for getting some technical advise for your automobile, and just plain relaxing.

By the time I wrote this blog entry, the final Blues Cruise night for the season took place following week. Hope to see you next year for the 2nd Annual Blues Cruise events!!!











Some additional photographs further down the street of the car show.






Photo of the mural on Substation No.9, 435 Fayette St. This old electrical substation has been converted into an art gallery run by Southshore Arts. I do not know how long the mural has been there. I do remember taking photographs of it in 2012. Given the condition then, perhaps the mural was painted 2010.



At this same Blues Cruise car show, the art gallery at Substation No.9 has opens its doors for the public to view local art. And my home away from home, Paul Henry's Art Gallery also opens their doors for art and music. Now realize, this all happens the same Monday evening.

I first visited Paul Henry's Art Gallery the 2nd to the last week of 2011 just to photograph the inside and the art from some of our great local artists. The gentlemen I met who I am now friends with, Dave Mueller, invited me back the next week for their pre-New Years Eve jam. Of course I did not know what that was, and being an introvert I new I needed to extend my photography, so I went. This began a new chapter in my life. One that I am very grateful for. One that has added to my family.

(December 25th, 2011 was when I decided to deep dive back into photography.) 

On this Monday Blues Cruise night Paul Henry's opens to the public to provide live blues music entertainment. Our friend and blues player Mike Owens graciously provides the musical entertainment. Love the man. Love the music.











The Monday evening Blues Cruise event is one you will want to attend. The people here are great. It is NW Indiana improving itself. It is family, fun, entertainment that you will enjoy.

This event starts at 489 Fayette Street with the car show. Work your way West to Substation No.9 to see some art, then to Paul Henry's for some great Blues music (and also art). There is plenty of public parking on near-by streets and lots. This is a FREE event, but bring some money if you want something from the food vendors.

__________________________________________________________

You can see a categorized thumbnail of all Towle Theater related blogs by going to StreetPhoto.Me.

Further down this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

The "219 Music" and "219 Artare owned trademarks of Wes Bushby.

No comments: