Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Doctor Who - Van Gogh's exploding TARDIS

When I saw the Doctor Who episode "The Pandorica Opens", with River Song (Alex Kingston) looking for a painting, getting caught by the future Queen, and showing up in Roman times as Cleopatra to show The Doctor the painting, I was entranced. When the doctor rolled the painting open it was a Van Gogh (fictional) of the TARDIS exploding, I knew I had to have one. So I commissioned one.

This oil painting was commissioned from my friend Elisa of NW Indiana. One of my pride and joys. The canvas is stretched over a frame, and has yet to be framed . . . that is if I choose to frame it.


And, I think I will quote myself here for the record, "Think inside the TARDIS box."  For those who have watched Doctor Who and who know what a TARDIS is, this will make sense.

Check out some more of my Doctor Who blogs.  For Chicago TARDIS 2012, click here. For Chicago Tardis 2013, click here.

Click on this line for my copyright.

No comments: