Friday, March 2, 2012

Studio 659 Opening - "Life's A Tightrope"

I finally made it to a Studio 659 for their beginning of the month opening of an art show.  It was very cool, and I am glad I went.  The artwork is awesome, opening night was well attended, the artists that dressed up were cool too.  I have to give a special applause to photographers William Kazak, John Stephens and artist/photographer Sophia Rapata.  I saw their work posted on the Internet and it is very very good.

Here are some photos to share . . . and once again, search out William, John and Sophia too.







Photographer William Kazak . . .






This next painting was my favorite.  A lot of color and detail, and happenings all around . . .

"Mr. Entertainment" by Laura Junge, Chicago 



Photographer John Stephens, willing to "strike a pose", just for . . .










I was surprised this little fellow let me get this close . . . he did smile, after the photo . . .






And the ever commanding Sophia Rapata . . . you need to see her "paparazzi" photo to know what I mean . . .








After I had shown these young men photo's I had taken earlier, they were not going to waste any photo ops of their own . . .




Sophia standing next to her work . . .





William and Sophia clown'n around . . . :)  "Strike a Pose"







After looking at the great photo's the "gang", the "poperatzie", the fellow photographers took, I missed out on some of the fun because I left early.  Or did I?  Guess you will need to read my next blog entry to find out (working on it) . . . :)

Remember - The above photos of art will only wet your appetite.  To truly appreciate this work, you need to go see for yourself!


Studio 659
1413 119th Street
Whiting, Indiana 46394
219-659-8828

Thursday & Friday - Noon - 7 pm
Saturdays - 10 am - 2 pm

No comments: