Friday, June 1, 2012

The Robots - with a little SexySax this time

Another good performance from The Robots.  Everyone enjoyed themselves.  I would like to thank the band for letting my friend Melissa play a couple songs with them.  I would also like to thank Adrian and Lauren for showing up as well.

There are a lot of photos in this entry, and specifically a lot of Pete. I just could not choose this time. One might even think I threw everything in . . . but I did not. This was just a fraction. Everything was coming out. Not that I threw darts at the wall to select . . . it just was not easy.

Just added 6/5/2012: Short vid of Pete in a smooth groove.



Here are the photos . . .

Pete Calacci - Lead Guitar/Vocal


Ed Fell - Drums/Vocal

Chris Wander - Keyboard / Vocal

Bill Hogan - Guest Vocal

Danny Mac - Bass Guitar/Guitar/Vocal











The Great Bob Sherman - Lead Vocal / Guitar / Bass Guitar




Melissa Welch - Guest / Sax









Randy Anderson - Guest Lead Vocal / Guitar





I think someone just stepped on Chris' toe . . . kidding . . . each of these guys give it there all. That is why I like them.



This next photo is very similar to one I took a couple months back, however this one I like much better. I guess it pays to go back and do it again until you get it right!!!!




Pete's working it in this next photo.  You definitely here it during the show, and now you can see it in the strings . . .




There is so much going on, that it is difficult to make time for photographing Bob. He orchestrates the band while Pete makes sure they are hitting hard. Bob is an all around guy, making things run. Notice I did not say making sure things run . . . making . . . (though I did have to laugh a couple days later when he forgot to take something off pause . . . but that will be another blog).

Oh, and Bob, the lighting was the best I have seen so far . . . keep it up.  The camera likes it!




And the face of a man getting down on guitar . . . Danny gives a performance every time he plays. Yes, part of his roll is to be there, however when they need a little more, he kicks it . . .







Ah, those ivories are not going to stay a virgin for very long . . .






I could not let Ed feel left out, so I got in his face. He laughed, and it was a blast . . .




Ed too kicks it when called upon. I like how Ed has arranged his fun. He makes it look so easy, effortless, yet the beat is anything but that. It is complex, on time, correct volume, everything. He is like Clark Kent, mild manner drummer, and the sticks become Super Sticks when in his control.




This time Pete did not step on me . . . (read prior blogs).  I pointed, Pete nodded, and I slid into the back to take some of the above photos and this next one. When the band works with you, you create wonders.



I gave my camera to someone to take this next photo of me in front of Pete. I felt like I was interrupting the band, however for this one time I am sure I am forgiven.



This is not the look of Pete in pain, but rather The Jazz, The Blues, The Pete, all rolled into one letting themselves out to have a little fun . . .





Can you hear those strings? Take a closer look . . . I can . . .




And, one of the few times Ed has exchanged his Super Sticks for a mic . . . but what a kick right out of the gate!

Paul Martin - Guest / Drums





Yep, Pete, the band backing you up . . . lol . . . To play as intense as they do at times, a little comic relief can be what the doctor ordered.












Richard Seagel






I will never be able to say enough bout these guys. Their friends. Their great. They have given themselves enough flexibility to stretch their skills. Remember, these guys play for 4 hours, and each time they play it is not all the same music.

I would like to thank these guys, Bob/Pete/Chris/Ed/Danny, for letting me get in their face to take photos. It is a pleasure working with these guys. They trust me, and I trust them. Makes for a good combo of photography, and music after photography that you "see" . . . I hope.

Thanks to my friends who came out to listen, see, understand my interest in this band: Adrian and Lauren. And a special thanks to Pete for letting my special friend Melissa kick it with here sax. She had a blast . . .

The Robots can be seen at The Track Lounge the 1st Friday of every month. Go check them out . . . or miss out . . . oh, and Peace Out! (my hippie days kicking in).

The Track Lounge
318 N. Jackson St.
Crown Point, IN  46307
(219) 663-9838


Loyal Plastic Robots
or "The Robots"
Pete Calacci (219) 616-1470
Bob Sherman (219) 805-7140

3 comments:

Buck Daddy said...

Good to meet ya Wes! Randy Anderson

Wesley Bushby said...

Same here Randy. I should have your stuff up this evening I think. I updated this entry with names just a little while ago.

Wesley Bushby said...

Randy . . . Buck Daddy is up . . . check it out: http://wesleybushby.blogspot.com/2012/06/buck-daddy-at-buddy-and-pals-place.html