Friday, July 13, 2012

Chicago Art District - Pilsen

My friend Dimitrios hooked me up with this monthly opening in the Pilsen neighborhood, provided by the Chicago Art District.  This is interesting in that the art studios line the sides of Halsted for a few blocks.  On a nice evening, it makes for a very enjoyable walk, surrounded by people who want to socialize, see art.  Let us not forget the purpose . . . for the artists to open their doors for us to see their art.

As you will see, I was more interested on what was going on in the streets.  A lot of activity, couples drinking wine, and everyone enjoying an evening out.  Here are some photos.








I did go into most all of the studios. However I did not take photos, with the exception of this one that just came alive for me.


Parking was not easy, though I did find a sweet spot that nobody seemed to be using. No signs not too, and I did not get ticketed. My secret! Here are a couple photos as I left the area.



It is worth going back, just for the experience if nothing else. The art varies, cool to look at, and from a lot of young artists.


Chicago Art District
South Halsted and 18th Streets
(1800 S. Halsted for GPS)
Chicago, IL

All Studios Open To The Public Every 2nd Friday
Starts 7:00 PM

Please click on this line and read my copyright.

No comments: