Sunday, February 23, 2014

Paul Henry's Gallery Descarga Drum Ensemble - Feb 2014

I have been wanting to go to this for a while, catching up with Ed Brann to listen to the rhythm of his drums. I first met Ed when I was photographing NickDanger at Kenwood Tap, in Hammond. He was a cool cat with a rhythm. We kept meeting each time he played with Jerry, to the point I new I had to go see him outside this event. Low and behold, Ed starts holding some events at Paul Henry's Art Gallery in Hammond.


I went this Sunday so I can here this percussion first hand. It was cool. The cultural rhythm makes you want to sit back and enjoy. People were in and out, joining in on the instruments. Here are some photos of the event.


















































Rumba de la Region

Paul Henry's Art Gallery

416 Sibley Blvd.

Hammond, IN






Tue - Sat 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM

Sunday Noon till 5:00 PM
Thursday Night Jam Starts 7:00 PM


At the bottom of this blog post are four buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, and Share to Facebook. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.


Click on this line and read my copyright.


2 comments:

Ed said...

Glad ya made it out Wesley, and thanx for sharing the shots. Great work as always. See ya soon... EdB

Mary LeVan said...

Wesley does it again - so nice to see these photos - truly love the drummers and looking forward to their next event at Paul Henry's Art Gallery