Saturday, March 28, 2015

Nomad Planets at Jimmy Green's

A very nice evening out with Nomad Planets, at Jimmy Green's, South Loop Chicago, and their "Showcase Saturday". I had never been there before. My understanding, this may have been the first Showcase Saturday.

The food was great, as was the service. I do recommend you give Jimmy Green's a try. This is a cool sports bar in that there are large TV screens all over the walls. Nomatter where you look, you will have a screen to watch. Now, given a band, one would think this would interfere. I suppose to the band it might. I did not feel that way. I still listened to Nomad Planets and enjoyed. Photography wise, yes, I would have liked the screen behind the band turned off. Too much back light for photography, and I felt a little awkward looking up at the screen at times with the band playing in front of me. Felt discourteous to me. (Just my opinion. I still recommend you check them out. I loved the place.)

First the important Photos. Chris with the Leinenkugel Girls, and more important, just the Leinenkugel girls.





Nomad Planets

Mark Mybeck - Lead Vocal / Lead Guitar

Phil Rapchak - Bass / Vocal

John Carpenter - Guitar / Vocal

Chris Ussery - Keyboard / Vocal

Terry Boylan - Drums / Vocal




















This next photo, you can see the screens that line the walls. Pretty cool.
























Nomad Planets



Jimmy Green's
825 S. State St.
Chicago, IL
312.386.9000
Facebook
Website



At the bottom of this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pintrest.  Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

You can see a categorized thumbnail filmstrip of blogs I have done by going to StreetPhoto.ME.

No comments: