Sunday, March 20, 2022

Maple Syrup Time at Deep River County Part 3/20/22


The day started out with good intent, to be at the Deep River County Park at 10 AM for the "Maple Syrup Time" at the park. Well, the Doc switched my blood pressure med, and today was the first day taking it. Needless to say I was down for the count to recover, then finally made it out of the house at 11:30 am. When I arrived at the park around noon, there was a line of cars waiting to get in, and a line waiting to get out, and me, well sitting in line thinking this is the worst of times you can pick during the day to photograph outdoors. Way to much contrast.

However, this was a beautiful day for the first day of spring. I took it slow so that I could listen to my music (well, others music) with the window down. I made all the green lights down Rt. 30 without thought. When I made it into the parking lot of Deep River Park, I immediately drove to the back because that was the shortest walk to where I was going, and immediately saw an open space to park, without any other car around to challenge me for the spot. So what started out on the wrong track ended up on the right track today.




The photo below reminds me of a tentacle (sort of) . . .







Yes, it is the same every year. However the trip and people out to enjoy the event make it all worth while. Even for a repeat. Not much sap dripping today. Earlier weekends I am sure saw more. Still, worth the trip to rid the body of tensions from the outside world.





Though the park itself is not that old, it brings a vibe of ancestry. So, I thought I would honor that with a sepia tone photo.








I am guessing they had some false complaints in the past?




If you know this park, the next photo means something to you. Remember this date, May 1st!!!












So, on the way home I chose to take a different path. This guided by by Big Maple Lake, so I stopped.



Sun bathing season is here!!! Though I scared them away with my camera . . .





Deep River County Park
9410 Old Lincoln Highway
Hobart, Indiana



You can see a categorized thumbnail of all my blogs by going to StreetPhoto.ME.

At the bottom of this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

The "219 Music" and "219 Artare owned trademarks of Wes Bushby.

No comments: