Saturday, January 7, 2023

Double Nickel Steepwater & Nomad


It was nice to be with the fam this evening (The Steepwater Band, Nomad Planets, fans of both bands). They are dear to my bride and I. We enjoy them immensely as I know they do us.

I was also saddened this day to find out actress Dorothy Tristan passed away. I met her at her home one day at the end of filming "The Girls Of Summer". I am friends with her husband, Director John D. Hancock. There is a continuing of brightness that happens throughout time. We are never replaced. We continue in some fashion. As with my fam I will always remember Dorothy, and be supportive of John and his ongoing work. May they both forever shine bright.

I mention this because everything worth enjoying in life is heartfelt. These two bands and all of their fans have a place in my bride Christi's and my heart as do Dorothy and John. We remember. We cherish. We smile. We cry. An artists job is to create emotion. Expressing to us in their medium how they want us to feel. Tonight both bands hit that mark for me, very strongly. I felt what they wanted to tell us, express to us. Wished I had a good foot and better voice so that I could have danced and hollered more. I wish both bands could see in me what joy they bring; me being a person lacking in outward expression (flat expression).

There was not a lack of expression at all from the fans this evening. Right off the bat people were up and dancing to Nomad Plants, and it continued through to the end of the night with The Steepwater Band. Leroy's has been a non-smoking venue for a while now, making it more enjoyable, for me at least. People were all friendly. The staff keeping up with us. The house . . . pleasantly full . . .

Both these bands are heavy hitters. Both are original music with a couple covers thrown in. Both are very different in style, and most enjoyable in their style. I am super happy to know them and to call them my friends.

Here are some photographs of the evening. Pretty much the same angle of view. I did dare to walk to different locations for better photographs. I cannot wait until this foot heals. Till then . . .

And Happy Birthday, Bride!!!


Nomad Planets

Oh, and someone has a new guitar. 😀














I think all three were "see no evil" on this next photo . . . lol















The Steepwater Band













































my Bride . . . happy birthday!







Corey Dennison











Dennison and Bishop Jam'n . . .











Nomad Planets


333 W. US Hwy. 20
Porter, IN 46304


You can see a categorized thumbnail of all my blogs by going to StreetPhoto.ME.

At the bottom of this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

The "219 Music" and "219 Artare owned trademarks of Wes Bushby.

No comments: