Friday, May 3, 2024

Lotton Art Glass Gallery & Studios - Open House


Actually, every day is an open house if you stick to their hours. Open house, meaning they are so warm and welcoming that you feel they have opened their house to you. Today was special though. It was an invite for everyone to come and look, observe glass blowing from the resident artists, and to feel in wonder with all of the beautiful art that surrounded you.

I live in Giffith and I work in Monee. Not that I take the trip every day these days. However, I have taken it enough and every time I pass Lotton Art Glass, I always think "I need to stop in". I actually cleared my schedule to make it here this day. Sad in a way. After being inside with the wonderful people and art, I feel I have  deprived myself of some culture and personal growth. I held back way too long. This gallery is another gem right next door to us. One that is super easy to get to. So, nourish yourself and don't worry about scheduling time to go. Anytime you drive by during their working hours, stop by.

You can read about Lotton Art glass by clicking here. Four artists were available to us today to watch and ask questions. An experience that I want to repeat. A photograph experience that I need to improve upon. This was a challenge.





Tools of the trade. These are not toys! Not too far away from its kin molten steel, materials for glass are transformed about 2,400 F, and then worked on at about 2,000 F. 









Reminds me of photography. Cannot have enough tools for the job.




In the photo below, glass cane is being pulled. You really do not see the color until it starts cooling.
















Lotton Art Glass ⁓ Gallery & Studios
24760 S. Country Lane
Crete, Illinois 60417
800.661.0950

Monday - Friday
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday's by Appointment Only


West of 394, off Exchange Street




_________________________________________________________________

You can see a categorized thumbnail of all Towle Theater related blogs by going to StreetPhoto.Me.

Further down this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

The "219 Music" and "219 Artare owned trademarks of Wes Bushby.

No comments: