Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Marrakesh Express - a CSNY experience @ The Roger C. Claar Performing Arts Center - Bolingbrook


Marrakesh Rocks Bolingbrook

My photography is not just about taking the perfect photograph of something, though that is one of many strives. My photography is also about the vibe, the story being told at the time. To me, any photograph in any setting needs to tell a story. Not your static vacation photo, but how you felt at the time you took the photograph.

Difficult as that may be, you learn to connect with the moment and to not worry about the perfect photograph. I will let others turn gray over that. When I photograph concerts like the one in Bolingbrook at The Roger C. Claar Performing Arts Center, it is not just about the performers on stage. It is also about the crowd. The patrons. Why did they come, and how are they connecting.

My strength at one time was candid photographs. I think I somewhat went astray in that and tried to much to take photographs without noticing what was going on in the surroundings. In a way diminishing the story being told, from what could have been told. As I review my photographs of "Marrakesh Express ⁓ a CSNY experience", I enjoy seeing the people in my photographs enjoying this band. This band of superbness. This band who pays homage to Crosby Stills Nash & Young.

Now, this venue was very cool. I give it an A+ all around. As a photographer I thought the lighting and stage were exceptional. The audience too I give an A+. This was the first time for them seeing and listening to Marrakesh Express, and wherever I walked I saw them smiling, and could overhear them talking about the band. When I asked some of the patrons what they thought, they were truly memorized with the band and want to see them come back next year. A couple guys I talked with were musicians, and were enamored with Joe's and Pete's guitar play, style, enthusiasm.

I saw several of the band's followers there, and met a lady who was a follower who I did not know before. It is pretty cool to meet people like that, and pass by like ships in the night. You just look and smile because a good time is being had by all.

So, give yourself a break. Give yourself a treat. Get away from the chaos and connect with a positive vibe that you can reflect back on years from now. Go see "Marrakesh Express ⁓ a CSNY experience" and tune in to them. They will make you feel welcomed!

Here are a lot of photographs for you to enjoy!











I had not noticed until I saw this photograph. A slight delay between the band and what was put on screen. But again, Superman Daryl is fast with the hands.





































































Follow Marrakesh Express . . .


Marrakesh Express – a CSNY experience



The Roger C. Claar Performing Arts Center
Village of Bolingbrook
375 W. Briarcliff Road
Bolingbrook, IL
630.226.8400

Link to concert here.

_________________________________________________________________

You can see a categorized thumbnail of all my blogs by going to StreetPhoto.Me.

Further down this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

The "219 Music™" and "219 Art" are owned trademarks of Wes Bushby.

No comments: