Friday, August 9, 2024

Hammond's Third, 2nd Friday Market


If you have read my blogs you know how much I appreciate Hammond, Indiana. I still believe this can be again the center of NW Indiana's dreams. We just need management to stop putting monkeys on our backs and to allow us to provide, move forward, entertain. The barriers need to be removed.

On a brighter note, today was Hammond's 3rd, 2nd Friday Market held in the downtown area on Fayette Street. Gray skies but the temperature was perfect.

Vendors vary, and some have ridden the wave while others join or decide to exit. The market is finding it's way, defining what it will be, with some struggles and great sacrifice from those who put it together. I support them. I support the market. I support Hammond even though I do not live there.

We the public need to visit the market, participate in what there is to offer, socialize, become one in the community. This constant effort is what makes things happen. This constant effort is what steers politics to the True North that we desire. Bring a friend. Bring your kids and pets. Ask to be a vendor. This is how we learn to live together, and it needs to be a norm.

Here are just a few photographs during the short time I was there. Enjoy!
















Hammond's 2nd Friday Celebration
489 Fayette St.
Hammond, Indiana 46329-1841


_________________________________________________________________

You can see a categorized thumbnail of all my blogs by going to StreetPhoto.Me.

Further down this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

The "219 Music™" and "219 Art" are owned trademarks of Wes Bushby.

No comments: