Saturday, August 10, 2024

Scheeringa Farms & Produce



There are places and then there are "places". "Places" that you may not know were there, and such a gem to miss out on. Scheeringa Farms & Produce is one such "place". Hidden on the near boarder of Highland and Griffith, on Cline one lot to the North, this farm has been in the family for generations and serving our community.

I wrote a blog back in 2020 when the owner of the land was trying to sell it from under  Scheeringa. I do not know what the final arrangement is. (Perhaps Scheeringa can update me later.) What I do know is that the business is a cornerstone of the region for many people. I do come here for produce, and to see the animals there that keep the children entertained. I do have to say that for myself, I need to go there more often. No need to go shopping for produce elsewhere. What they do not grow they will bring in. A one stop shop.

Two items I picked up to try today were a bottle of Scheeringa Farms Barbecue Sauce, and a bottle of Vidalia Onion Steak Sauce. They have much more that included dressings. For me Scheeringa "speaks" of quality when you look around at the produce and friendly staff. Not to say that all harvests are perfect. It is that Scheeringa does go above and beyond to give you the best they can every day.

Here are some photographs that I took while I was there shopping. Stop buy with the kids to see the kids (a little pun there). Enjoy some stress relief from the day with their smiling courteous staff.



































Scheeringa Farms & Produce
9436 Cline Avenue
Highland, Indiana 46322

_________________________________________________________________

You can see a categorized thumbnail of all my blogs by going to StreetPhoto.Me.

Further down this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

The "219 Music™" and "219 Art" are owned trademarks of Wes Bushby.

No comments: