Saturday, June 22, 2013

4th Annual Eat, Shop & Rock . . .

I love NW Indiana, Hammond specifically. It is a scrappy little town, in a very good way. There are always fun times to be had. Today, Hammond enjoyed a relationship with the people of Hammond and the surrounding communities. This is why I have said, Hammond is the hub of NW Indiana.

I have lived in the region, both sides of the border, my entire life. I have seen a lot of exciting things growing up. I cannot help but feel the excitement around Hammond right now. Part of this is brought out by today's event, the 4th Annual Eat, Shop & Rock, a celebration of the 1960s, 1970s and the Beatles!

Here are some photos for you to enjoy . . .

























































The above photos are just part of what was going on around town. There was more.

Oh, if I could open a business, I want it to be in Hammond. To some that would sound silly. My motivation for wanting to do so is to "be with the people". Hammond is like a mini Chicago. A melting pot of everything. Hammond is growing. People in Hammond care about each other. They are improving their environment.

My dreams are also Hammond's dreams. We both want to improve. We both want to succeed. We both want to contribute. For me it is not about the money. It is about having a relationship with my passion . . . photography. For Hammond, it is the community.

I hope you were able to make this event. Another event is coming up September 21st, the 8th Annual Bizarre Bazaar. Check it out. Also, please do not forget to go to Beatles Fest 2013, coming up August 10th!!!!

Here is a link to my blog on Beatles Fest 2012 . . . it was a FUN time!!!!


No comments: