Sunday, March 13, 2016

Chicago Flower Show




This was the first time I have been to Navy Pier. Yes, I lead a sheltered life. It is also the second time I have been to the Chicago Flower and Garden Show. The first time was at McCormick Place in 1978. The year 1979 became and that was last show at McCormick Place. The show at McCormick Place was huge, as I recall. Going through Navy Pier, I rushed thinking there was a lot more to look at. Low and behold, I reached the end pretty quick with some disappointment.

I did like the show. This was the first day of the show, and my bride Christi and I arrived early to beat the crowd. Glad we did, because it filled up pretty quick. These first couple of shots are from outside on the Pier. I enjoyed the low hanging fog. Hope you do too.
















I want my flower box to look something like this. It did at one time, I just need to do it again.





I like the serenity of a rock garden and running water, with plants. Need to add this to my to-do list.




PVC pipe cut out for plants. Cool idea for a kitchen herb growing.























At the bottom of this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pintrest.  Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

You can see a categorized thumbnail filmstrip of blogs I have done by going to StreetPhoto.ME.

No comments: