Wednesday, October 29, 2025

Big Suit a Talking Heads Tribute



As with the David Byrne and Talking Heads performances, this show is no different in that it is a very animated groove that is deep into the soul of the song they play. I love the emotion from the Talking Heads music, their play, their performance. "Big Suite" did them proud. I felt every vibe I have ever felt when listing to the songs. My first live performance to the music, and it was meaningfully spectacular.

I did not know this until my bride looked them up, that I had gone to high school with the lead guitarist and founder of the band, Steven Kikoen. He was a year ahead of me, and with my graduating class around 950 students, I was not going to get to know everyone in my class, let alone the school. Still, pretty cool that I may have had a class or two with him.

Being an animated show, it was new to me capturing the experience on still images. But you know me, I take a lot of photographs so that you will get to feel the vibe that was present. I did take some video with the camera. I think just two were full length songs, while others are just clips to get you by. As I always recommend, you do need to go see this show, this band, these people, to really experience Big Suit. I want to go see them again! (P.S. Still uploading video as of 10/31/2025.)

































Burning Down The House . . . this next vid is cool to me. I wanted so bad to jump around with them, but I had to hand hold the camera. (I hand held the camera for all of the vids.) Oh, I really love the bassist in the background bebopping with everyone!!! That made me so happy 😁









Time out for a little runabout in the audience . . .


Please excuse my camera rotation on this next one. Live and learn.


The following vid they were regrouping on stage after the runabout.



































































Big Suit a Talking Heads Tribute


115 Bourbon Street
3359 West 115th Street
Merrionette Park, IL 60803
708.388.8881


________________________________________________________________

You can see a categorized thumbnail of related blogs by going to StreetPhoto.Me.

Further down this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pinterest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

The "219 Music™" and "219 Art™" are owned trademarks of Wes Bushby.

No comments: