Wednesday, September 11, 2013

M.I.N.T. Music Improv Night . . . a breath of fresh entertainment!!!!!

September 11th 2013 Ensemble Rotation

Mint Patties

Astonish-Mints

Franklin Mints

Hosts: Mint Mojitos

Act II: Mint Jam, Theme: Dance/Movement

Boy, the older I get, the more I know what I do not know. Basically, you begin life with the understanding you know all there is to know because what you do not know does not exist to you yet. That is all you know. You know?! However, I am finding I did not know all there was to know, because I just keep on knowing more.

Tonight's improv fit that description. My life up to the point of photography has probably been the opposite of all the artists I have met these past 21 months. Sort of a left brain - right brain thing. Now that I have "jumped to the other side" I am experiencing life, like The M.I.N.T. Music Improv Night. I saw my first improv (live) a couple months ago . . . The Who Prov. Very eye opening, fun, pull you in sort of event. Then I went to The M.I.N.T Music Improv Night, with an expectation, and these improvs blew me away. So talented. So alive. So open to the world, and as I found with Space Oklahoma, the universe.

Improv is very inviting. All you have to do is sit there and watch, however, you cannot help but feel you are participating too. More than just giving the improv a topic. At least that is how I felt with the improv ensembles who performed this evening. You smile not just because it is entertaining. You smile because you see yourself up on stage. You smile because you want to be just like them.

Enough. Time to introduce you with some photos. First, our host for this evening . . .


Mint Mojitos





Mint Patties




































Astonish-Mints























Franklin Mints











The Space Oklahoma hobos were great . . .




And, I really liked the robot children . . . and when one was jealous because the other could afford extra arms . . .


















Break time . . .











Act II, Mint Jam . . . now the audience can join in!!!!!




































Now, just some random photos from the evening . . .









Never mind the "Must-See" advertisement . . . "Go See" says Mint-Wes!!!!  Thank you Stephanie for connecting with me, and helping me learn / develop / enjoy my photography. I will be forever grateful.

Thank you too, to the Mint Ensembles we performed this evening . . .



Mint Patties

Coach - Kate Carson-Groner
Music Director - Gail Gallagher

with

Chrissy Baccich, Tina DelaCruz, Nate Dicken, Danny Galvin, Lisa Lennington, Lori Lewis, Ryan Livingston, Mike Movido, Brandon Price, Liz Joynt Sandberg, Mike Silver




Astonish-Mints

Coach - Tiffani Swalley
Music Director - Brad Kemp

with

Brendan Buckley, Sara Dell'Amico, Kathleen Gibson, Maggie Goodman, Peter Kim, Lou Leonardo, Julie Marchiano, Erin Schaut, Andi Sharavsky, Jason Stockdale, Andrew Thorp




Franklin Mints

Coach - Alex Garday
Music Director - David Yontz

with


Austin Campion, Courtney Crary, David Dritsas, Ashley England, Patrick Gagnon, Julie Kimball-Bryant, Chris Gorton, Heather Markey, Erin Long, Josh Razavi



Mint Mojitos

Coach - Nancy Fast
Music Director - Kate Wooters

with

Andrew Bolduc, Julie DiFerdinando, Ben Eliff, Bri Fitxpatrick, Michael Lewis, Tim Ottolin, Kelley Reed, Matt Russell, Abby Vatterott, Chris Woosley


Where can you go see this????

Studio BE
3110 N. Sheffield Ave.
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 248-5900


No comments: