Saturday, May 3, 2014

Roots Riot Music - my first




Finally, I made it to one of the Roots Riot Music JAMs at Save More Lounge in Chicago. As always, great friends and musicians.

There is mass movement towards roots music. Original music. Stomp your feet music. Roots Riot Music has a good foot in the door thanks to Tony French. I have been invited several times. This time I chose to go. You can too, every 1st Saturday of the month.

Lighting is everything when it comes to photography. Some venues do a good job challenging me with the different color lights. So you will see me switch my camera settings from the reddish light in the venue, to some other color filter in order to try and control the images. My playing around time I guess you would say.

This evenings lineup . . .


White Trash Blues Revival

Mikey Classic and His Lonesome Spur

Old and Dirty

Scotch Hollow


To start us off was Scotch Hollow, with my friends Mark and Carley. Why? Because they can. Two of the coolest cats I know. Smooth, steel guitar play'n, wonderful voice, and foot stomp'n music.  (And you will see what I mean by lighting.)


























Some other photos that I took between band setup . . .












Next up, Old and Dirty.

(I think I finally have some good photos of him!!!!!)




































More, just photos between bands . . .








Headlining . . . White Trash Blues Revival . . .




































Roots Riot Music
Every 1st Saturday of the Month




4060 N. Lincoln
Chicago, IL  60518


At the bottom of this blog post are four buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Pintrest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends. Help promote roots music!!!


Click on this line and read my copyright.

No comments: