Friday, May 23, 2014

Christine at Lilly's in Chicago

All this time the photos I have taken of Christine had been at Paul Henry's Art Gallery. Not a bad thing. Christine, however, does play gigs at other venues. She invited me in the past. This time I took her up on it. I went to Lilly's in Chicago to hear her perform.

Here are some photos . . .











Lilly's is a pretty cool place. It is also the namesake of my mom and a young friend of mine. I thought of both when I saw the sign. Inside, the venue is original. At least to me. Take a look . . .


































On the way home I saw this view. Passed here many times, though the itch to photograph was not as strong as it was this evening. I had to turn around and take some shots.









I guess I enjoy travel. I write that because people feel I am putting in a lot of effort to go to places to photograph. I look at is as a need to fulfill a passion. The travel is the journey. The means to a never ending journey. There is so much more I want to do with my photography. I look back at my photos and see me in them. I guess I want me to be more than the photos I have taken so far.

Support the arts. Support roots music. Support the individual musician voicing their passion, like Christine. (If you are looking for a female vocal for your gig, ask her . . .) When you get a chance, support our local businesses, like Lilly's.


Lilly's
Bar and Concert Venue
2515 N. Lincoln Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
773.529.1600

Cash Only




Thank you Christine!!!


At the bottom of this blog post are four buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Pintrest. Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends. Help promote roots music!!!


Click on this line and read my copyright.

No comments: