Sunday, August 10, 2014

4th Annual Slow & Low

I saw this event posted last year, however, it was too late for me to plan on going. So I kept my eyes open for this year.

4th Annual: Slow & Low: Community Lowrider Festival
600 W. Cermak Rd.
Chicago, IL 60616
(Pilsen Neighborhood, just West of China Town)

11:00 AM to 8:00 PM


This was too cool. I arrive just before 11:00 AM when it was to open. I would say 90% of the cars were already there, and not too many people. Perfect for taking photos of these hot cars. I had wanted one of my friends to come with, who modeled for me in another photo shoot. She would have been perfect for photographing with these cars. Unfortunately for me, fortunate for her, her job put her on assignment. Next year ladies, or I will have to go hire a model!

One of my specialties was hydraulics. I taught technicians how hydraulics works, and how to problem solve. So for me, these cars were beyond car cool.  They are lowrider cool. Seeing the different setups was a turn-on. Okay, I'm easy. These cars, however, are not.  Lots of work went into them. Not just the hydraulics. The paint schemes, attention to detail only a fanatic car guy would see, interior and exterior colors perfectly matching, chrome, engine blocks, you name it. Perfection . . .

I think it would be cool to get some of these cars to cruise our local Blue Top Drive-In on a Friday or Saturday night. Here are some photos of today's event. I am putting this blog up early, so you still have time to go!!!





















































This truck was perfect as is . . .















































This was cool. All in one DJ, BBQ, and carousel . . .












Had the most tender and tasty pulled pork from this vendor . . .






Go see the show!!!


At the bottom of this blog post are five buttons to click on: E-mail this, Blog this, Share to Twitter, Share to Facebook, and Share to Pintrest.  Please take advantage of them and share this blog post with your friends.

No comments: